Thursday 6 September 2012

procrastinate


It is good to procrastinate. Yea I have never heard that one before ever since I was little I have always heard the opposite “do your work do not wait till sunday night to do it”  And really I have always agreed with that because its not rocket science it make sense why you do not want to wait till last minute to do it if that happens then you will be stress out the whole time and we all know its not fun to be stress especially when all your friends have finish and they are having fun without you. But new studies show maybe it is good to procrastinate, yea I know I felt the same way when I read it I thought it was pretty stupid for someone to say that. The thing is they done the research while I sat at home and procrastinated my public speaking speech the whole weekend, so I am going to have to go with them instead of me. Studies show that it is good to wait sometimes because then you have time to do other things that you need to do and see that is an active procrastinator but when you are acting like me and your watching TV instead of doing your work then that is bad that is called a passive procrastinator. The study said that you need to wait the longest before you actually do something. A really good example of that is boxing; when a boxer is on the ground and the ref is counting to ten, most boxers tend to wait till the eighth or ninth second before they get up.

1 comment:

  1. For a second there I was worried you missed the point of the article! But then I saw you got the difference between procrastinating just because and procrastinating with a purpose.

    ReplyDelete